SANTA FE-The Del Norte Credit Union (DNCU), the southwestern financial cooperative tasked with the mission of improving lives in New Mexico, has announced a series of measures designed to provide financial assistance and relief in fire -affected communities in New Mexico.
“For some DNCU members and employees, these fires have literally hit,” said DNCU CEO/President Chuck Valenti. “When fires cut into our lives in this way, we understand that financial assistance is an important tool for relief from one of the many burdens that affected communities carry. With the rapid move to offer loan repayment extensions, fee waivers and direct donations, we believe DNCU’s response to this crisis provides an effective mix of financial assistance for those affected by the fires. this. ”
DNCU programs include:
- Special Emergency Loan for those affected by the fires of Hermits Peak, Calf Canyon or Cerro Pelado;
- Payment extensions on existing DNCU mortgages and other loans;
- Waiver of fees on newly manufactured and modular construction loans;
- $ 3,000 worth of supplies, including employee donations, along with the city of Española’s contributions to the needs of Mora County;
- $ 3,000 donated to The Food Depot Fire Struggle and integration of Food Depot donation barrels at all DNCU locations;
- $ 1,000 donation to Desert Paws of New Mexico for assistance in the evacuation and relocation of animals; at
- 1,000 pounds of animal feed was donated by NM Sol, IAFF Local 2059, IAFF Local 244, NMPFFA, IBEW 611, and AFSCME Council 18.
Those interested in applying for special emergency loans or manufactured/modular construction loans can do so online at dncu.com. Applicants for loan extensions, or those having difficulty accessing online, are encouraged to call 1.877.818.DNCU (3628).
DNCU will continue to monitor fire conditions and will make adjustments as needed. In the event that the citizens of Los Alamos and White Rock evacuate, those DNCU offices will be temporarily closed and personnel will be transferred to two DNCU offices in Española at 1720 North Riverside Drive and 1216 Paseo de Oñate.
About Del Norte Credit Union
Chartered in 1954, Del Norte Credit Union is a New Mexico-based not-for-profit credit union with a mission of improving lives. DNCU offers a wide variety of products and services designed to make members financially successful. Today, DNCU serves more than 57,000 members throughout New Mexico and the United States.