Shilpa Shetty’s husband and entrepreneur Raj Kundra faced serious pressure from the law when he was arrested on Monday in an adult film racketeering case. Shortly after Kundra’s arrest, several details about the businessman’s holdings and operations have now emerged. After his arrest, several reports said the entrepreneur had partnered with a UK production house to distribute the adult films that were being shot in India through the Hotshots app.
While the app was banned from Google Play Store and Apple Store in 2020, the business continued to thrive as Kundra had also implemented a backup app named Bollyfame. Raj Kundra is currently in judicial custody with another co-accused Ryan Tharpe who was a technical associate for their Hotshots app. As new details continue to emerge, stay tuned for live updates from Pinkvilla.
Here are the main developments in the case of Raj Kundra:
Model Sagarika Shona Suman, who spoke out against Raj Kundra and revealed that she was asked for a nude audition earlier, has now revealed that she is receiving threatening calls. She claimed she had been receiving death and rape threats since she openly spoke out against Raj Kundra and his adult film racketeering. Read the full story here!
- Businessman Raj Kundra was taken into police custody until July 23 in connection with a pornographic film racket. Now, police officials have confirmed that no active role was played by wife Shilpa Shetty in the case. Read the full story here!
- Model Sagarika Shona Suman is said to be in talks with her lawyers. She also claimed that there are nearly 30 other people who are not only victims, but part of the porn racketeering run by Kundra. Read the full story here.
- After Raj Kundra’s arrest, Poonam Pandey shares his blackmail ordeal to extend his contract for Raj Kundra’s candidacy. Following the refusal, his private details were disclosed online. Read the full story here.
- Shilpa Shetty broke her silence for the first time by sharing a post on her Instagram profile. Shilpa shared the photo of a motivational and inspirational quote. Read the full story here.
- Actress Sherlyn Chopra broke her silence on Raj Kundra’s case and shared a video. In the video, she revealed that she was the first person to make a statement to the Maharashtra Cyber Cell earlier this year on the matter. Read the full story here!
The Mumbai Criminal Branch revealed on Wednesday that Raj Kundra runs his adult film business through well-established WhatsApp groups named HS-account, HS-operation and HS-take down. According to a latest report released at midday, the Crime Branch revealed that Kundra assigned tasks to employees in each of these three groups and also had legal time in place. Read the full story here!
- According to a latest report released at midday, Raj Kundra has so far avoided being arrested by bribing Crime Branch agents by paying Rs 25 lakh. According to the report, a wanted defendant alleged that Kundra paid investigators a large sum to evade arrest. Read the full story here!
- The police are doing everything possible in their investigation and according to TOI, the crime branch has recovered at least 70 videos shot by former PA Umesh Kamat of Raj Kundra with the help of various production houses.
- On Wednesday, it was declared that Raj Kundra’s servers had been seized by the Crime Branch. Now the servers will be sent for forensic analysis to rule out whether Kundra used it to distribute pornographic material to the UK-based company.
- Raj Kundra’s lawyer argued in court that it was incorrect to label the content of the adult film as porn, as there was “actual sex” shown in the videos. He stated that it can be defined as vulgar content but not pornographic. Read the full story here!
- As part of the case, the cops also froze nearly 7.21 crore rupees in the bank accounts of various people.
- Shilpa Shetty’s film Hungama 2 will not be postponed due to the arrest of her husband Raj Kundra. The manufacturers have revealed that they will proceed with the release as planned. Read the full story here!
Stay tuned for the latest updates in the Raj Kundra case!
READ ALSO : Raj Kundra porn affair: Mumbai criminal branch finds bank transfer to businessman’s account